Call for Participation
The Call for Participation is Now Closed
Submit abstracts for presentations, posters, and demonstrations. Your submission must describe the theory, creation, implementation, and/or operational use of data analysis in support of security operations.
What’s new for FloCon 2018? An expanded focus on applying analytics to ANY large-scale dataset to enhance security, not just network flow data. Everyone who is interested in data-driven security is invited to submit abstracts for this conference. We are particularly interested in new, innovative ways to use Big Data to address thorny security problems.
If you’ve attended FloCon before, welcome back! Network data analysis is still an important part of FloCon.
You’ll now have the opportunity to share your work with a wider cross-section of data analysts and security professionals.
August 25, 2017
Notification of Acceptance
October 16, 2017
December 8, 2017
We are seeking submissions related to academic and practical advances in analytics that utilize one or more data types and include the automation of well-known or novel techniques.
Your final presentation, poster, or demonstration must contain sufficient detail to illustrate the analysis conceptually.
Possible topics for FloCon presentations, posters, and demonstrations include
- Utilizing "big data" platforms for analysis
- Integrating data from multiple sources (data fusion)
- Breaking down and optimizing analyst workflow
- Discovering indicators of malicious behavior through automation
- Using data to produce performance-based metrics
- Employing scalable statistical techniques
- Exploring case studies in threat detection and mitigation
- Applying operational data visualization and visual display techniques to big, quantitative datasets
- Exploring new techniques derived from new data sources
- Modeling networks for threat detection
- Improving security data operations by fusing network data with biometric, forensic, and physical security data
- Applying big data analytics and visualization techniques to security data analysis
Use the online form to submit an abstract of 250-500 words that describes your entry, along with the type of entry (i.e., presentation, poster, or demonstration).
Abstracts will be reviewed and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have questions or comments about submitting FloCon abstracts, email us at email@example.com.