Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) Security/Cybersecurity Deborah Lafky, PhD, serves as the subject matter expert and program officer for Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) Security/Cybersecurity within the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC). As the nation moves forward with large-scale HIT adoption, creating a safe and secure health information environment is of paramount importance. ONC's HIT security and cybersecurity programs provide critical support for the privacy and security of health information.
Deborah's experience includes:
* White House HIT Task Force: Cybersecurity Working Group coordinator
* National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) | Inter-Agency committee delegate for HHS, HIT SME
* National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Sub-Committee on Biometrics and Identity Management | Identity Management Task Force
* Federal CIO Council Identity, Credentialing and Access Management Sub-Committee (ICAMSC) | Citizen Outreach Focus Group
* HIMSS Patient Identity Integrity Work Group