Software Development Open Forum: Ask Hasan Anything!
June 2021 • Webinar
SEI’s Hasan Yasar hosts a software development question and answer session.
Software Engineering Institute
The software development lifecycle has changed a lot and continues to evolve. Almost every company now is a software company. Meeting business needs and adapting to the speed of the market for new features requires an agility mindset and continuous-delivery techniques throughout application-development lifecycles.
You have software development and deployment questions, such as: Where do I start? How do I establish good continuous integration/deployment practices? What about security?
Hasan has the answers! SEI’s Hasan Yasar hosts a software development question and answer session.
What attendees will learn:
• how DevSecOps and Agile are generating more and more questions in DoD environments
• where software development is heading
• continuous-delivery techniques throughout application-development lifecycles
• why constant interaction between developers and information security teams is needed throughout the entire SDLC
About the Speaker
Hasan Yasar is the Technical Director of the Continuous Deployment of Capability group in the SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, CMU. Hasan leads an engineering group to enable, accelerate, ...
Hasan Yasar is the Technical Director of the Continuous Deployment of Capability group in the SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, CMU. Hasan leads an engineering group to enable, accelerate, and assure transformation at the speed of relevance by leveraging DevSecOps, Agile, Lean AI/ML, and other emerging technologies to create a Smart Software Platform/Pipeline. Hasan has more than 25 years’ experience as a senior security engineer, software engineer, software architect, and manager in all phases of secure software development and information modeling processes. He specializes in secure software solutions design and development in the cybersecurity domain, including data-driven investigation and collaborative incident management; network security assessment; automated, large-scale malware triage/analysis; medical records management; accounting; simulation systems; and document management. He is also an adjunct faculty member in CMU Heinz College and the Institute of Software Research, where he currently teaches “Software and Security” and “DevOps: Engineering for Deployment and Operations.”
His current areas of professional interests focus on
- secure software development, including threat modeling, risk management framework, and software assurance models
- secure DevOps processes, methodologies, and implementation
- software development methodologies (Agile, SAFe, DevOps)
- cloud-based application development, AI system development, deployment, and operations
- software architecture, design, development, and management of large-scale enterprise systems