Keynote: Implementing DevSecOps in the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD)
June 2021 • Presentation
This keynote by Ranjit (Randy) S. Mann presented at DevSecOps Days Pittsburgh 2021 reviews DevSecOps implementation in the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Software Engineering Institute
Focusing on the implementation of DevSecOps in the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD, this presentation will
- provide an overview of the missile defense evolving threat environment, the MDA mission, and today's layered active missile defense system
- explain the benefits of DevSecOps to the MDA, thoughts from DoD leadership on software, and the DoD DevSecOps policy/guidance
- discuss the connection between digital engineering and DevSecOps
- explain the DoD DevSecOps reference design pillars (organization, process, technology, and governance)
- share lessons learned from MDA IC/GM DevSecOps software factory implementation
- illustrate the vision for GMD program DevSecOps ecosystem
- present the three area of continuous Authority to Operate (ATO) and highlight the importance of engaging with the Authorizing Official (AO)
- present DevSecOps as a multifunction team journey
MR. RANJIT SINGH MANN is the DevSecOps Software Factory Lead for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD). He holds M.S. and B.S. degrees in electrical engineering from, respectively, Michigan Technological University and Wayne State University, and an M.S. in embedded systems from Oakland University, Rochester, MI. He is a registered professional engineer and has more than 30 years' experience in systems and software engineering. He is Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III certified in system planning, research, and development and engineering (SPRDE), Level II certified in program management, Level I certified in information technology, a Gitlab Certified DevOps Professional, Scrum Master Certified, and holds CompTIA Security + certification.