DevOps Enables Digital Engineering
March 2021 • Webinar
In this webcast, Hasan Yasar and David Shepard introduce the relatively new concept of Digital Engineering and how they believe DevOps complements/enables Digital Engineering.
Software Engineering Institute
There is some confusion about how the paradigms of DevOps and Digital Engineering fit together. In the case of software-intensive systems, we believe DevOps practices are an enabler for Digital Engineering, in many forms. During this webcast, Hasan Yasar and David Shepard introduce the relatively new concept of Digital Engineering and how they believe DevOps actually complements/enables many of the goals of Digital Engineering.
What attendees will learn:
- What Digital Engineering is
- Who is using Digital Engineering
- How implementing DevOps can enable expansion into Digital Engineering
About the Speaker
Hasan Yasar is the Technical Director of the Continuous Deployment of Capability group in the SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, CMU. Hasan leads an engineering group to enable, accelerate, ...
Hasan Yasar is the Technical Director of the Continuous Deployment of Capability group in the SSD Division of the Software Engineering Institute, CMU. Hasan leads an engineering group to enable, accelerate, and assure transformation at the speed of relevance by leveraging DevSecOps, Agile, Lean AI/ML, and other emerging technologies to create a Smart Software Platform/Pipeline. Hasan has more than 25 years’ experience as a senior security engineer, software engineer, software architect, and manager in all phases of secure software development and information modeling processes. He specializes in secure software solutions design and development in the cybersecurity domain, including data-driven investigation and collaborative incident management; network security assessment; automated, large-scale malware triage/analysis; medical records management; accounting; simulation systems; and document management. He is also an adjunct faculty member in CMU Heinz College and the Institute of Software Research, where he currently teaches “Software and Security” and “DevOps: Engineering for Deployment and Operations.”
His current areas of professional interests focus on
- secure software development, including threat modeling, risk management framework, and software assurance models
- secure DevOps processes, methodologies, and implementation
- software development methodologies (Agile, SAFe, DevOps)
- cloud-based application development, AI system development, deployment, and operations
- software architecture, design, development, and management of large-scale enterprise systems