Rapid Construction of Accurate Automatic Alert Handling System (video)
November 2019 • Video
Lori Flynn, Ebonie McNeil
Watch SEI principal investigator, Dr. Lori Flynn and SEI researcher Ebonie McNeil discuss their prototype of a tool that enables the rapid adoption of accurate, automated static analysis alerts classifiers to overcome cost and data barriers.
Software Engineering Institute
In this project, we are developing a reference architecture and prototype that enables rapid deployment of a method intended to automatically, accurately, and adaptively classify and prioritize alerts. Our research on reference architectures will enable DoD organizations to become more efficient by (1) reducing their adjudication workload by at least 60% and (2) focusing their manual validation efforts on truly dangerous code flaws in the remaining 40% of alerts.