CERT SQUARE for Privacy (P-SQUARE)
January 2012 • Software
P-SQUARE was designed for stakeholders, requirements engineers, and administrators and supports the security and privacy aspects of SQUARE.
SQUARE for Privacy, also known as P-SQUARE, is a robust tool to support SQUARE that was developed by a team of Carnegie Mellon Master of Software Engineering students with oversight by staff in the SEI's CERT Division.
The P-SQUARE tool, designed for use by stakeholders, requirements engineers, and administrators, supports both the security and privacy aspects of SQUARE by
- recording definitions and searching and adding new terms
- identifying the project business goals, assets, and security and/or privacy goals
- adding or editing links to project artifacts
- performing risk assessment and identify threats
- comparing and selecting security and/or privacy elicitation techniques
- linking the elicited requirements to goals, risks, and artifacts
- classifying requirements based on predefined categories
- prioritizing security and/or privacy requirements
- inspecting requirements, viewing traceability to risks and artifacts, and exporting requirements to tools such as Requisite Pro