This SATURN 2005 presentation by John Bergey and Timothy Morrow of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) discusses how to integrate software architecture evaluation in a DoD system acquisition.
- CLIP program background - This section would discuss the high-level requirements of the program, desired quality attributes for the program, program challenges, current stage in DoD 5000 framework, and the program's previous software architecture experience.
- SEI goals for Working with CLIP - Overview of the technical work plan and the vision of applying software architecture technology to an acquisition program.
- Pre-contract Activities - Discuss the Acquisition Planning Workshop, CLIP program office QAW, and integrating software architecture technology into the CLIP Request for Proposal.
- CLIP System Development Documents - Discuss the documents that needed to include wording for software architecture technology in the DoD 5000 Acquisition Framework and a timeline to see the total picture
- Lesson Learned - These will be the lessons we learned in applying software architecture technology.