SEI Zero Trust Industry Day 2022
The SEI is hosting a Zero Trust Industry Day in August 2022 to collect information from those who develop solutions for implementing a zero trust architecture.
Software Engineering Institute
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is hosting a Zero Trust Industry Day to collect information from those who develop solutions for implementing a zero trust architecture. Contribute your ideas, solutions, and experiences to help government agencies form a zero trust implementation that meets their mission goals, budget, and time frame.
The SEI Zero Trust Industry Day is a request for information (RFI) exercise. This two-day exercise will be held in a hybrid environment at the SEI on August 30-31, 2022. It will focus on how agencies can comply with the guidance in the following Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memoranda:
- M-22-09—Moving the U.S. Government Toward Zero Trust Cybersecurity Principles
- M-21-31—Improving the Federal Government’s Investigative and Remediation Capabilities Related to Cybersecurity Incidents
The following external publications are related to zero trust and may be of interest to attendees; SEI publications about zero trust are listed in the next section.
- CISA Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) 3.0
- CISA Zero Trust Maturity Model
- Department of Defense (DoD) Zero Trust Reference Architecture
- Systems Security Engineering: Considerations for a Multidisciplinary Approach in the Engineering of Trustworthy Secure Systems (National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] SP 800-160, Volume 1)
- Developing Cyber-Resilient Systems: A Systems Security Engineering Approach (NIST SP 800-160, Volume 2, Revision 1)
- Implementing a Zero Trust Architecture (NIST SP 1800-35)
- Zero Trust Architecture (NIST SP 800-207)
August 13, 2021 • Podcast
Geoff Sanders, a senior network defense analyst in the SEI's CERT Division, discusses zero trust adoption and its benefits, applications, and available resources.learn more