SEI Year in Review FY 2012
April 2013 • Annual Report
The SEI Year in Review describes the accomplishments of the SEI during fiscal year 2012 (October 1, 2011, through September 30, 2012).
Software Engineering Institute
The following are among the many accomplishments highlighted in this year’s edition of the SEI Year in Review:
- We added more than 90 new employees this year, including a new COO, Bob Behler; a new CTO, Dr. Kevin Fall; and a new cybersecurity deputy, Ned Deets.
- We transitioned Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) out of SEI into a new standalone organization, the CMMI Institute, owned by Carnegie Mellon.
- We supported more than 100 government and commercial organizations—and received their thanks and recognition of the value we've added to their efforts.
- We established a new SEI Innovation Center to enhance our ability to explore the emerging opportunities of software intensive systems, especially for the intelligence community.
- We've built upon our strong foundations in cybersecurity, software architecture, process improvement, and measurement and estimating, and explored new issues related to scale and computing at the edge, while providing unique technical support to our sponsors.
- On an individual level, we recognized the significant career contributions of John Foreman, who was named the sixth SEI Fellow. A member of the SEI staff for 27 years, John currently serves as associate director—military services acquisition for the SEI 's Acquisition Support Program (ASP).
The report also presents information about the SEI, its staff members, and its organization, including publications, demographics, and technology-transition activities. To obtain a printed copy of the SEI Annual Report, contact SEI Customer Relations.