Smart Decisions: An Architecture Design Game
April 2015 • Presentation
Serhiy Haziyev (SoftServe, Inc.), Olha Hrytsay (SoftServe, Inc.), Rick Kazman (University of Hawaii), Humberto Cervantes (Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana–Iztapalapa)
This presentation teaches the challenging process of designing an architecture for a Big Data Analytics System using a game called Smart Decisions.
Software Engineering Institute
This presentation was created for a conference series or symposium and does not necessarily reflect the positions and views of the Software Engineering Institute.
- Architecture design can be performed systematically in an iterative way.
- Each iteration has a goal and a set of associated drivers or concerns.
- Quality attributes can have different meanings.
- There exist different types of design concepts and a wide variety of each type.
- Selection of design concepts needs to be made by taking into account several aspects including the iteration goal, concerns, drivers, and prior decisions.