Groundbreaking Best-Practices Model for Acquiring IT & Technical Products and Services
CMMI Product Team
- Publisher: Software Engineering Institute
- Type: Audio
- Description: Listen to the news conference held in Detroit on 11/7/2007 on the formal unveiling of the CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ), a comprehensive best-practices model designed to specifically ensure quality outcomes between acquirers and suppliers.
Please note that current and future CMMI research, training, and information has been transitioned to the CMMI Institute
, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Carnegie Mellon University.
The new CMMI-ACQ model provides an opportunity for acquisition and outsourcing organizations:
- to avoid or eliminate barriers and problems in the acquisition process through improved operational efficiencies;
- to initiate and manage a process for acquiring of products and services including solicitations, supplier sourcing, supplier agreement development and award, and supplier capability management; and
- to utilize a common language for both acquirers and suppliers so that quality solutions are delivered more quickly and at a lower cost with the most appropriate technology.
SEI Director and Chief Executive Officer Paul Nielsen states that the inclusion of CMMI-ACQ into the SEI's already robust CMMI Product Suite addresses an ever-growing demand for a much-needed standard in government and commercial acquisition practices.