Common Misconceptions About Service-Oriented Architecture
This article explores seven common misconceptions about service-oriented architecture (SOA):
- SOA provides the complete architecture for a system.
- All legacy systems can be easily integrated Into an SOA environment.
- SOA Is all about standards and standards are all that Is needed.
- SOA Is all about technology.
- The use of standards guarantees interoperability in an SOA environment.
- A service registry allows service binding dynamically at runtime.
- Testing SOA-based systems Is no different than testing any other type of system.