System of Systems (SoS) Architecture Definition and Evaluation
- Publisher: Software Engineering Institute
- Type: Brochure
System of Systems
- Description: This brochure describes the purpose of the SoS Architecture Evaluation: to evaluate the SoS architecture’s ability to satisfy its business goals, mission, and quality attribute needs.
Symptoms such as these can be indicators of architectural deficiencies in systems of systems:
- Communication bottlenecks under various load conditions that dramatically increase access time to critical capabilities
- Trouble sticking to an integration schedule during development
- Difficulty identifying the root causes of integration problems, resulting in the proliferation of patches and workarounds during integration and test
This information sheet describes the SEI's flexible and tailorable approach to help organizations reduce technical risk and support development of its systems of systems.