Using Architecture-Centric Engineering on a TSP Project
Luis Carballo, Jim McHale, Robert Nord
- Publisher: Software Engineering Institute
- Type: Presentation
- Description: A presentation from SATURN 2011 on architecture-centric engineering and its uses with TSP.
In summer 2009, the SEI began a project with Bursatec (the IT arm of the Mexican Stock Exchange) to replace their main online stock-trading engine. The project has aggressive goals for performance and delivery and must function flawlessly.
The SEI answer to this challenge was to blend two of its methodologies, architecture-centric engineering (ACE) and the Team Software Process (TSP). Those attending the presentation will learn how:
- Key concepts of the TSP framework, and a process structure for iterative development by self-directed teams, provide management early visibility into the team progress.
- ACE practices are combined with TSP to launch the architecture phase of a project, and can help guide and train junior architects throughout the phase.
- An architecture-centered approach provided early measures of quality. The combined approach offers help to organizations to set an architecture/developer team in motion using mature, disciplined engineering practices that produce quality software quickly.
This presentation was given at SATURN 2011 in Burlingame, CA.